How your purchase is helping communities worldwide.
- Supporting more than 130 partners in 35 countries
- Delivering employment, income and social support to more than 50,000 people
- Assisting recovery in Nepal, India and Vanuatu after earthquakes, floods and cyclones
- Bringing $19.5 million worth of products to Australian shelves in the last five years
- Supplying 22,532 kilograms of Fair Trade coffee to the Australian market in the last 12 months
Fill your room with the smell of carnations using this scented candle from Candela. The brazil nut pod case is a beautiful vessel to keep and reuse.
Candle Amazone Flame Carnation In Brazil Nut Pod$19.95
Candela is a development organisation serving the people of the Amazon region of Peru. Candela’s first priority is sustainable development – that means development that promotes social justice, while preserving the rainforest. By selling non-timber forest products, Candela provides its producers with employment, while making excellent re-use sustainable resources, such as seeds, fruit, barks and leaves, rather than cutting down ancient trees and so destroying the Amazon rainforest. For example, each summer over 1,000 people travel three days by river to gather Brazil nuts in the rainforest. Candela takes the discarded pods and fills them with wax, making beautiful scented candles.
As well as providing their artisans with vital, steady employment, Candela supports them through management training and micro-credit (small individual loans). Candela is also involved in promoting scientific research to develop the quality, productivity and sustainability of the Brazil nut industry; improving its profile through better marketing; as well as empowering all those involved in the production of Brazil nuts and their by-products.
Write Your Own Review