How your purchase is helping communities worldwide.
- Supporting more than 130 partners in 35 countries
- Delivering employment, income and social support to more than 50,000 people
- Assisting recovery in Nepal, India and Vanuatu after earthquakes, floods and cyclones
- Bringing $19.5 million worth of products to Australian shelves in the last five years
- Supplying 22,532 kilograms of Fair Trade coffee to the Australian market in the last 12 months
So adorable - this baby crochet chick is the perfect gift for Easter.
Hand-crocheted in colourful polyester yarn, then filled and accented with tiny hand-stitched details. Made by a group of 26 women in central Vietnam. Most of them use their income to pay school fees for their children. Their group was formed nearly 10 years ago as a way to help local women earn an income while they stayed home with their young children. Now many of the women also farm or work in stores, but their crochet work generates income to invest in their childrens futures.
Made from: 100% polyester yarnstuffing 100% polyester
Mai Vietnamese Handicrafts
Mai Vietnamese Handicrafts was founded in 1991 by a small group of social workers in the efforts to help poor and neglected children who could not afford to attend school in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. Mai provided work for the youths and encouraged them to attend the informal literacy classes which the organisation offered. Nowadays, school is free to all Vietnamese children, so Mai now provides work for the mothers and older sisters of these children, boosting the family income, independence and overall well-being.
Write Your Own Review
Sign up to our Weekly Newsletter
Drumbeat is Oxfam Shop's eNewsletter featuring weekly updates, special offers and more