How your purchase is helping communities worldwide.
- Supporting more than 130 partners in 35 countries
- Delivering employment, income and social support to more than 50,000 people
- Assisting recovery in Nepal, India and Vanuatu after earthquakes, floods and cyclones
- Bringing $19.5 million worth of products to Australian shelves in the last five years
- Supplying 22,532 kilograms of Fair Trade coffee to the Australian market in the last 12 months
These lovely hand chain-stitched cushion covers are made in India by artisans who specialise in this traditional Kashmiri handicraft. The mutually beneficial relationship between Better World Arts artists and Kashmiri artisans sees the wool custom dyed to match the original artist's image and then crewel stitched by hand onto the cotton base. Zip closure. Please note cushion fillers are not included.
Made from: Calico backing. New Zealand wool front.
Please note: Dry clean only
Cushion Cover by Carol Puruntatmeri$69.95
Better World Arts
Better World Arts (BWA) has been operating for over two decades. They work with Australian Aboriginal artists from remote communities across Australia. Artists benefit from royalties paid to them on a monthly basis and art centres benefit from a substantial profit share paid on their investments. Having culturally appropriate opportunities, artists are able to supplement rural income by practicing age old traditions in their own homes located in remote beautiful villages.
Write Your Own Review
Sign up to our Weekly Newsletter
Drumbeat is Oxfam Shop's eNewsletter featuring weekly updates, special offers and more