How your purchase is helping communities worldwide.
- Supporting more than 130 partners in 35 countries
- Delivering employment, income and social support to more than 50,000 people
- Assisting recovery in Nepal, India and Vanuatu after earthquakes, floods and cyclones
- Bringing $19.5 million worth of products to Australian shelves in the last five years
- Supplying 22,532 kilograms of Fair Trade coffee to the Australian market in the last 12 months
Aluminium sheet embossed with an intricate, scrolling leaf pattern partly covers the sheesham wood decoration with striking effect.
Meaning “hope” in Sanskrit, Asha Handicrafts is a fair trade organization that has been working to promote the social and economic development of artisans throughout India for more than 40 years. Asha works with more than 50 producer groups and more than 1,200 makers across India.
Made from: Sheesham wood, aluminium foil
Asha has been keeping traditional Indian arts and crafts alive and well since 1975. Asha empowers hundreds of skilled artisans to earn a sustainable living through fair trade practices. Meera is one of the many artisans who partner with Asha. Watch the video to meet Meera and see how each product is handmade with love.
Write Your Own Review
Sign up to our Weekly Newsletter
Drumbeat is Oxfam Shop's eNewsletter featuring weekly updates, special offers and more