How your purchase is helping communities worldwide.
- Supporting more than 130 partners in 35 countries
- Delivering employment, income and social support to more than 50,000 people
- Assisting recovery in Nepal, India and Vanuatu after earthquakes, floods and cyclones
- Bringing $19.5 million worth of products to Australian shelves in the last five years
- Supplying 22,532 kilograms of Fair Trade coffee to the Australian market in the last 12 months
Charming mango wood round tray featuring a carved floral paisley motif and rustic white wash finish. Hand carved by artisans at Anima workshop in Saharanpur in northern India.
Saharanpur has about 30,000 wood artisans, and workers turnover among workshops is high. But at Amina workshop, the artisans tend to stay with the shop for a long time, including 10 men who have been with Anima since the beginning in 1992. Although there are many commercial exporting companies in the city, Shanawaz the owner says he has never been tempted to follow that path; he believes in Asha's philosophy of placing greater value in the artisans and the quality of life they and their families enjoy, than on turning out as many exportable wood products as quickly and cheaply as possible.
Dimensions: 38.8 x 3.2cm
Made from: Mango wood, white wash
Please note: Wipe with a damp cloth
Floral Paisley Tray$49.95
Asha has been keeping traditional Indian arts and crafts alive and well since 1975. Asha empowers hundreds of skilled artisans to earn a sustainable living through fair trade practices. Meera is one of the many artisans who partner with Asha. Watch the video to meet Meera and see how each product is handmade with love.
Write Your Own Review
Sign up to our Weekly Newsletter
Drumbeat is Oxfam Shop's eNewsletter featuring weekly updates, special offers and more