Chocolate Glazed Donuts
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- ½ cup ghee or coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup full fat canned coconut milk
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup (180 g) Alter Eco Blackout bar, broken into chunks
- ½ cup (118 ml) coconut cream*
- 3 oz (85 ml) cold brew coffee
- ¼ cup (57 g) organic palm shortening
- 1 tsp (5 ml) pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) pure maple syrup
Coconut cream is the cream that has risen to the top of a can of full-fat coconut milk. You will need one can for every cup of coconut cream called for in the recipe. To get this cream, place coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight.
Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Adjust the oven rack to the middle position. Lightly grease a donut pan with extra ghee. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, ghee, coconut milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together coconut flour, tapioca flour, baking soda and salt. Whisk to combine. Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry. Stir to incorporate until smooth throughout.
- Transfer the batter into a pastry bag or gallon-size plastic bag with a small corner cut off with scissors. Fill each donut cavity about 2/3 full with the batter. Tap the donut tray on the counter when finished to evenly distribute the batter. Bake at 350°F (177°C) for 10-12 minutes until the donuts are lightly browned throughout. You can use a toothpick to check the center; it should come out dry. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 15-20 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Using a double boiler or a microwave, melt the dark chocolate chunks. Once they have melted, transfer them into a small bowl and let them cool for 7-10 minutes.
- Then, mix together coconut cream and cold brew coffee. Microwave for 45 seconds, until just coming to a boil. Pour this mixture into the melted chocolate, and let it sit for another 5 minutes. Add palm shortening, vanilla extract and maple syrup to the chocolate and blend with an immersion blender or in a high-speed blender until well combined.
- Dip the tops of the donuts into chocolate-espresso glaze, and transfer them to a parchment-lined baking sheet. After you are finished dipping, let them sit in the refrigerator for 10 minutes before serving.
There are no products matching the selection.
Sign up to our Weekly Newsletter
Drumbeat is Oxfam Shop's eNewsletter featuring weekly updates, special offers and more