Eggplant and Sweet Potato Curry
Recipe contributed by Julie Goodwin
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup Thai red curry paste
- 1/2 sweet potato, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes (about 2 cups)
- 1 eggplant, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes (about 4 cups)
- 400 gram tin crushed tomatoes
- 400ml tin coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- Place oil in a wok over medium heat, and stir the onion and garlic until softened.
- Add the curry paste and stir for another minute, until fragrant.
- Add the sweet potato and eggplant and toss and coat in the curry paste
- Add the tomatoes, coconut milk, brown sugar and salt
- Bring to the boil and reduce the heat.
- Leave on a high simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sweet potato is tender and all the vegetables have cooked through.
- Taste and add more salt or sugar if required.
- Remove from heat and stir through basil leaves.
- Serve with jasmine rice.
Serves 4 people.
Loading, please wait...
Sign Up to our Weekly Newsletter Drumbeat