Eggplant and Sweet Potato Curry
Recipe contributed by Julie Goodwin
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup Thai red curry paste
- 1/2 sweet potato, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes (about 2 cups)
- 1 eggplant, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes (about 4 cups)
- 400 gram tin crushed tomatoes
- 400ml tin coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- Place oil in a wok over medium heat, and stir the onion and garlic until softened.
- Add the curry paste and stir for another minute, until fragrant.
- Add the sweet potato and eggplant and toss and coat in the curry paste
- Add the tomatoes, coconut milk, brown sugar and salt
- Bring to the boil and reduce the heat.
- Leave on a high simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sweet potato is tender and all the vegetables have cooked through.
- Taste and add more salt or sugar if required.
- Remove from heat and stir through basil leaves.
- Serve with jasmine rice.
Serves 4 people.
Regular Price: $29.95
Special Price $15.00The authentic Indian copper curry bowl can either be used as a cooking pot or serving dish for small curries and side dishes. The outer copper surface ensures even heat distribution, the inner stainless steel surface allows for easy care and cooking. Made from food grade copper and stainless steel this range will complete an authentic Indian cooking and dining experience in the home. Learn More
Sign up to our Weekly Newsletter
Drumbeat is Oxfam Shop's eNewsletter featuring weekly updates, special offers and more