Freekeh Salad With Persian Feta
- 1 cup freekeh
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 6 tbs toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup currants
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 bunch mint, roughly chopped
- 1/2 bunch flat leaf parsley or equivalent baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 100g Persian feta
- 3 tbs olive oil
- juice of one lemon
- 1 tbs preserved lemon, finely chopped
- Bring stock to the boil, add freekeh and cook until tender or the stock is absorbed, approximately 20 mins.
- Remove freekeh and allow to cool.
- In a bowl, combine freekeh (breaking up any lumps), pine nuts, currants, red onion, mint and parsley or baby spinach leaves.
- Combine dressing ingredients and pour over.
There are no products matching the selection.
Sign up to our Weekly Newsletter
Drumbeat is Oxfam Shop's eNewsletter featuring weekly updates, special offers and more