Freekeh Salad With Persian Feta
- 1 cup freekeh
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 6 tbs toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup currants
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 bunch mint, roughly chopped
- 1/2 bunch flat leaf parsley or equivalent baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 100g Persian feta
- 3 tbs olive oil
- juice of one lemon
- 1 tbs preserved lemon, finely chopped
- Bring stock to the boil, add freekeh and cook until tender or the stock is absorbed, approximately 20 mins.
- Remove freekeh and allow to cool.
- In a bowl, combine freekeh (breaking up any lumps), pine nuts, currants, red onion, mint and parsley or baby spinach leaves.
- Combine dressing ingredients and pour over.
Sign up to our Weekly Newsletter
Drumbeat is Oxfam Shop's eNewsletter featuring weekly updates, special offers and more