Lentil and Red Kidney Bean Curry
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup of yellow split peas, soaked overnight
- 1/2 large onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ground coriander seeds
- 1 tsp ground tumeric
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup green beans, cut into 1cm
- 2 cups of water, chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- rice or couscous, to serve
- natural greek yoghurt, to serve (optional)
- In a medium-size pot, heat oil on medium heat and cook onion for around 5-10 minutes until lightly golden.
- Stir in yellow split peas, stock, spices, garlic and tomato paste. Cover with a lid and simmer for 25 minutes. Stirring occasionally and adding more stock or water if needed.
- Add kidney beans and green beans and simmer for a further 20-30 minutes, until cooked, stirring every now and then. Around 5 minutes before it’s cooked add the coconut cream. Serve in curry pots with couscous or rice. Garish with coriander leaves and a drizzle of natural greek yoghurt or coconut cream.
Author: Rachael Hyland - www.rachaelstable.com.au
Made by Mas Foods