Light, fluffy, and delicious! This delectable salad recipe highly nutricious, very filling and makes a perfect dish for a buffet or potluck. Can be served cold or at room temperature.
- 500 grams of Canaan Maftoul (couscous)
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1-cup raisins
- 1 onion, ¼-inch dice
- 1 bunch green onions (scallions), ¼-inch chop
- 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 2 pieces fresh red cayenne or chili peppers, sliced thin
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon of Canaan Za'atar spice mix
Method (serves 8-10 people)
- Prepare the Maftoul and set aside on tray to cool:
- For every 500g of Maftoul, bring 4 cups of water and one tablespoon of salt to boil, toast 500g of Maftoul in 2 tablespoons of olive oil for 4 minutes on medium-high heat, add toasted Maftoul to hot water and let simmer for 12 minutes. Fluff with a fork and spread on tray to cool.
- Meanwhile, add cup of water to cup of raisins and simmer in a pan for 10 minutes. Then let cool and drain. Sauté onions in 1 teaspoon of olive oil, and let cool. Combine green onion, parsley, and hot peppers in a bowl.
- Mix Maftoul salad:
- In the bowl of cooked maftoul, add raisins, both kinds of onions, parsley, hot red pepper, 1/4 cup of olive oil, lemon juice, pepper and spice mix. Mix together and serve in small salad bowls.
- Note: any hot red or green pepper will work.
"Sahha ow Afyeh": Bon Apetit!
There are no products matching the selection.
Sign up to our Weekly Newsletter
Drumbeat is Oxfam Shop's eNewsletter featuring weekly updates, special offers and more