How your purchase is helping communities worldwide.
- Supporting more than 130 partners in 35 countries
- Delivering employment, income and social support to more than 50,000 people
- Assisting recovery in Nepal, India and Vanuatu after earthquakes, floods and cyclones
- Bringing $19.5 million worth of products to Australian shelves in the last five years
- Supplying 22,532 kilograms of Fair Trade coffee to the Australian market in the last 12 months
Send your birthday wishes with this beautiful card from Kipepeo. Comes with envelope.
Dimensions: 15x15 cm
Made from: Handmade paper, PVC paints, threads and cartridge paper for insert
Kipepeo Designs, a not for profit enterprise, started in 2007 in the Kibera slum in Kenya.
The women who are employed by Kipepeo hand make a range of unique cards from recycled office waste and metal and fabric remnants. They live in small mud one room huts with no electricity or plumbing but despite their hardship these women are positive hardworking individuals. By working for Kipepeo they are able to pay for rent, food, clothing and education for their families.
Since the Kipopeo Designs Trust was formed in 2011 by Londoner Rachel Baughen and a board of volunteer trustees in the UK, the project has grown substantially and connected with international markets. The Trust has funded micro-finance training for the women and a new mixer to pulp paper.
The Kipepeo workshop is based outside Kibera and is a much healthier and more pleasant working environment than would be possible in Kibera. It gives the women an opportunity to leave the settlement each day and nourishing meal is provided for them when they are making cards.
Write Your Own Review
Sign up to our Weekly Newsletter
Drumbeat is Oxfam Shop's eNewsletter featuring weekly updates, special offers and more