How your purchase is helping communities worldwide.
- Supporting more than 130 partners in 35 countries
- Delivering employment, income and social support to more than 50,000 people
- Assisting recovery in Nepal, India and Vanuatu after earthquakes, floods and cyclones
- Bringing $19.5 million worth of products to Australian shelves in the last five years
- Supplying 22,532 kilograms of Fair Trade coffee to the Australian market in the last 12 months
Made with love and care by skilled artisans in Bangladesh. This set of two strong and sturdy baskets are made by weaving recycled saris into hogla fibre, bringing together attractive modern style with practicality and tradition. Use these stylish baskets as laundry hampers or for toy storage. Comes in assorted patterns with vibrant colour combinations. One small basket, one large (see detailed description further down for dimensions).
Dimensions: 35x18x22cm, 30x14x19cm
Made from: Hogla leaf, recycled sari
Hogla Fibre and Recycled Sari Set of 2 Baskets$39.95
Prokritee (meaning nature in Bangla) is a service based agency that provides managerial, product design and development and marketing assistance to organizations in Bangladesh. Prokritee manages eight Handicraft Enterprises and helps other groups to sell their products in local and foreign markets upholding Fair Trade standards.
Prokritee and its eight enterprises provide jobs for rural women. The women who work for the enterprises are widows, divorcees or head-of-households with little or no income. By providing jobs for women, Prokritee is able to improve the women's standard of living and help them send their children to school. Now they are able to look at the future with hope and happiness, instead of poverty and despair.
Write Your Own Review
Sign up to our Weekly Newsletter
Drumbeat is Oxfam Shop's eNewsletter featuring weekly updates, special offers and more