How your purchase is helping communities worldwide.
- Supporting more than 130 partners in 35 countries
- Delivering employment, income and social support to more than 50,000 people
- Assisting recovery in Nepal, India and Vanuatu after earthquakes, floods and cyclones
- Bringing $19.5 million worth of products to Australian shelves in the last five years
- Supplying 22,532 kilograms of Fair Trade coffee to the Australian market in the last 12 months
Lhasa Healing Incense is made from a 100% natural herbal formulation. Contains 20 sticks per box, weight 60g.
Federation of Tibetan Co-operative Society
Federation of Tibetan Co-operative Society (FTCS), formerly Tibetan Refugee Self-Help Handicrafts (TRSHH) was established in 1988 to provide Tibetan artisans in India with improved economic opportunities through the development of sustainable handicraft exports. FTCS assists in developing production techniques, product designs and with the management of handicraft centres so that Tibetan producers can compete in international markets. The organisation also provides professional training and guidance to improve the skills and capabilities of Tibetan artisans. Carpet weaving is the dominant craft, although other types include hand-woven textiles such as yarta cloth, tailored goods, knitting, incense making, wood carving, paintings and metal-craft.
Today handicraft production is one of the chief sources of income for the Tibetan Refugee Community and particularly important for providing employment for women (80% of the producers are female), new arrivals and school drop-outs.
Write Your Own Review
Sign up to our Weekly Newsletter
Drumbeat is Oxfam Shop's eNewsletter featuring weekly updates, special offers and more