How your purchase is helping communities worldwide.
- Supporting more than 130 partners in 35 countries
- Delivering employment, income and social support to more than 50,000 people
- Assisting recovery in Nepal, India and Vanuatu after earthquakes, floods and cyclones
- Bringing $19.5 million worth of products to Australian shelves in the last five years
- Supplying 22,532 kilograms of Fair Trade coffee to the Australian market in the last 12 months
O' is for Oxfam! This fabulous brightly painted alphabet set has handy magnets on the back of each letter so they can also be used on a magnetised board or a fridge. From the artisans of Gospel House in Sri Lanka.
Made from: MDF and non toxic paint
Please note: Wipe with a damp cloth
Magnetised Alphabet Set
Regular Price: $49.95
Special Price $30.00
Oxfam have joined forces with Gospel House this Christmas to put a smile on the faces of Sri Lankan children. With every purchase of a handmade, educational Clock Puzzle or Alphabet Wooden Snail Puzzle, the equivalent toy has also been gifted to a child in Sri Lanka.
An estimated 70% of Sri Lanka's unemployed are aged between 15 and 25. Unemployment is especially common in rural areas, pushing people into the cities in search of work. This breaks up small rural communities and threatens the survival of indigenous cultures. Gospel House Handicrafts was set up to tackle youth unemployment in a way, which allows young people to work in their local area and preserves indigenous traditions. The organisation aims to help all less privileged young people, regardless of race, caste or religion. By providing economic security, Gospel House not only helps its own artisans, but the entire community they live in.
Write Your Own Review
Sign up to our Weekly Newsletter
Drumbeat is Oxfam Shop's eNewsletter featuring weekly updates, special offers and more