How your purchase is helping communities worldwide.
- Supporting more than 130 partners in 35 countries
- Delivering employment, income and social support to more than 50,000 people
- Assisting recovery in Nepal, India and Vanuatu after earthquakes, floods and cyclones
- Bringing $19.5 million worth of products to Australian shelves in the last five years
- Supplying 22,532 kilograms of Fair Trade coffee to the Australian market in the last 12 months
This beautiful card was made using both screen printing and hand painting techniques on handmade paper. Made in India by Silence.
This card is blank inside and comes with an envelope.
Made from: Paper with colour
Silence works with people with hearing, visual and physical impairments, training them in computer data entry, hardware assembly and various handcrafts. In Silence's Calcutta unit, 67 out of 82 employees have disabilities and all receive regular salary, medical and providence fund benefits, which they would not receive otherwise. In 2002, Silence received the Helen Keller Award from the Indian National Council for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People, which praised Silence for combining smart business sense with a social commitment to deliver a remarkable model of economic and social rehabilitation.
The group is highly skilled in candle making, producing a wide variety of candles in different colours, interesting shapes and features such as cinnamon inlays. The group also produces hand-carved wooden products such as incense holders and home wares.
Write Your Own Review
Sign up to our Weekly Newsletter
Drumbeat is Oxfam Shop's eNewsletter featuring weekly updates, special offers and more