How your purchase is helping communities worldwide.
- Supporting more than 130 partners in 35 countries
- Delivering employment, income and social support to more than 50,000 people
- Assisting recovery in Nepal, India and Vanuatu after earthquakes, floods and cyclones
- Bringing $19.5 million worth of products to Australian shelves in the last five years
- Supplying 22,532 kilograms of Fair Trade coffee to the Australian market in the last 12 months
Waste not, want not, we say! India's primary form of transport is the humble push bike, and bike repair shops are found everywhere, along with mountains of old, unused and broken bike parts. From one of Oxfam's most popular ranges, this photo frame is from the skilled artisans of Asha Handicrafts workshop. Hand soldered, the bicycle chains are formed into shape and then powder coated with durable black shiny finish. When you buy one, you're helping to ensure good healthcare, education and housing for Asha Handicraft artisans and their families.
Made from: Iron
Please note: Wipe with a damp cloth
Asha has been keeping traditional Indian arts and crafts alive and well since 1975. Asha empowers hundreds of skilled artisans to earn a sustainable living through fair trade practices. Meera is one of the many artisans who partner with Asha. Watch the video to meet Meera and see how each product is handmade with love.
Write Your Own Review
Sign up to our Weekly Newsletter
Drumbeat is Oxfam Shop's eNewsletter featuring weekly updates, special offers and more