How your purchase is helping communities worldwide.
- Supporting more than 130 partners in 35 countries
- Delivering employment, income and social support to more than 50,000 people
- Assisting recovery in Nepal, India and Vanuatu after earthquakes, floods and cyclones
- Bringing $19.5 million worth of products to Australian shelves in the last five years
- Supplying 22,532 kilograms of Fair Trade coffee to the Australian market in the last 12 months
These fab coin purses from Conserve have been made with recycled plastics. There is a group of dedicated recyclers and crafters who collect plastic waste only for it to be miraculously turned into a coin purse.
Dimensions: 9 X 12 X 0
Made from: Hrp sheet, polister black, cfc zip, nickel
Please note: Wipe with damp cloth.
Since 2002, Conserve, a non-profit organisation, has been assisting the marginalised urban poor of Delhi through the development of a model that utilises urban plastic waste to produce high fashion products. To help clean up the urban environment while providing income for the urban poor, Conserve has trained people from the urban slums to process waste into recycled sheets.
More than 300 rag-pickers work for the organisation, collecting plastic rags from neighbourhood streets all over Delhi. The rags are washed, hung to dry and sorted according to colour - some locations processing about 5,000 plastic bags a day. The waste is then pressed into thicker, durable material known as Handmade Recycled Plastic (HRP), which is used to make funky and fashionable handbags and accessories - an eco-friendly alternative to leather.
All the money Conserve makes is put back into the organisation's development work. Co-founders, Anita and Shalabh Ahuja, are passionate about conservation and making a sustainable difference to people’s lives.
Write Your Own Review
Sign up to our Weekly Newsletter
Drumbeat is Oxfam Shop's eNewsletter featuring weekly updates, special offers and more