How your purchase is helping communities worldwide.
- Supporting more than 130 partners in 35 countries
- Delivering employment, income and social support to more than 50,000 people
- Assisting recovery in Nepal, India and Vanuatu after earthquakes, floods and cyclones
- Bringing $19.5 million worth of products to Australian shelves in the last five years
- Supplying 22,532 kilograms of Fair Trade coffee to the Australian market in the last 12 months
Recycling paper into modern designs is Oxfam producer partner Mai Handicraft's signature. As a significant advocate for environmental sustainability, Mai collects waste materials and work to incorporate the recycled goods into their products. The beautiful coils are made from recycled posters which are rolled into flat strips and then into varying sized circles, dipped into glue and left to dry. After this, the circles are lovingly arranged into a tree design on the lid.
Made from: Recycled magazines
Please note: Wipe clean with a dry cloth
Recycled Paper Box with Lid$24.95
Mai Vietnamese Handicrafts
Mai Vietnamese Handicrafts was founded in 1991 by a small group of social workers in the efforts to help poor and neglected children who could not afford to attend school in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. Mai provided work for the youths and encouraged them to attend the informal literacy classes which the organisation offered. Nowadays, school is free to all Vietnamese children, so Mai now provides work for the mothers and older sisters of these children, boosting the family income, independence and overall well-being.
Write Your Own Review
Sign up to our Weekly Newsletter
Drumbeat is Oxfam Shop's eNewsletter featuring weekly updates, special offers and more