How your purchase is helping communities worldwide.
- Supporting more than 130 partners in 35 countries
- Delivering employment, income and social support to more than 50,000 people
- Assisting recovery in Nepal, India and Vanuatu after earthquakes, floods and cyclones
- Bringing $19.5 million worth of products to Australian shelves in the last five years
- Supplying 22,532 kilograms of Fair Trade coffee to the Australian market in the last 12 months
This lovely soft recycled saree slouch handbag is a hand made creation from Bangladesh. Cotton lined, it has an internal zip and mobile phone pocket. Patterns and colour can vary.
Dimensions: 56x14.5x30 cm
Made from: Recycled Sari
Recycled Saree Kantha Stitch Patchwork Handbag$69.95
Prokritee (meaning nature in Bangla) is a service based agency that provides managerial, product design and development and marketing assistance to organizations in Bangladesh. Prokritee manages 8 Handicraft Enterprises and helps other groups to sell their products in local and foreign markets upholding Fair Trade standards.
Prokritee and its 8 enterprises provide jobs for poor rural women. The women who work for the enterprises are widows, divorcees or head-of-households with little or no income. By providing jobs for women, Prokritee is able to improve the women's standard of living and help them send their children to school. Now they are able to look at the future with hope and happiness, instead of poverty and despair.
Write Your Own Review