How your purchase is helping communities worldwide.
- Supporting more than 130 partners in 35 countries
- Delivering employment, income and social support to more than 50,000 people
- Assisting recovery in Nepal, India and Vanuatu after earthquakes, floods and cyclones
- Bringing $19.5 million worth of products to Australian shelves in the last five years
- Supplying 22,532 kilograms of Fair Trade coffee to the Australian market in the last 12 months
A beautiful and versatile basket with handles, combining the natural beauty of jute with recycled saris. From the skilled artisans of CORR - The Jute Works, Bangladesh.
Made from: Recycled sari, jute, and leather
Please note: Brush wash only
CORR The Jute Works
Our partner CORR The Jute Works (CJW) is a non-profit organisation that tackles poverty in Bangladesh by empowering more than 7,000 female artisans — like Ruma (pictured) — to earn a living and thrive. Based in Dhaka, CJW is one of Bangladesh’s largest exporters of jute textiles and handicrafts. They support hundreds of artisan cooperatives around the country to market and export their wares, including baskets, coasters, mats, rugs and hammocks.
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
- Tempted to buy a spare one now!
Love it! I bought mine in Sydney in October 2017 and as a secondary teacher it has a very hard life. Dragged from classroom to classroom, thrown in the floor, filled to the brim with books, marking, pens, pencil and rulers. Best bag ever
Quality Value Price
Write Your Own Review
Sign up to our Weekly Newsletter
Drumbeat is Oxfam Shop's eNewsletter featuring weekly updates, special offers and more