How your purchase is helping communities worldwide.
- Supporting more than 130 partners in 35 countries
- Delivering employment, income and social support to more than 50,000 people
- Assisting recovery in Nepal, India and Vanuatu after earthquakes, floods and cyclones
- Bringing $19.5 million worth of products to Australian shelves in the last five years
- Supplying 22,532 kilograms of Fair Trade coffee to the Australian market in the last 12 months
Grown by the Gayo Organic Coffee Farmers Association (PPKGO) in Indonesia. PPKGO was officially established in 1999 in the Gayo Highlands of central Aceh in Indonesia. It the first and only coffee cooperative in Indonesia that is fair trade certified and focused on the production of 100 percent shade-grown organic coffee.Currently the cooperative has 1,800 members in 24 communities and 20% of the cooperative members are women. The cooperative’s farmers live near the buffer zone of Gunung Leuser National Park, which contains critical watershed areas and sanctuaries for globally threatened species such as the Sumatran tiger ( Panthera tigris sumatrae). The continued practice of sustainable agriculture by PPKGO will ensure that the buffer zone of the Gunung Leuser ecosystem (more than 6,000 hectares) in the Sundaland biodiversity hotspot is well-maintained and that the threatened species in this important ecosystem can endure. In exchange for participation in the cooperative, the 1,800 participating farmers commit to stop hunting, logging, or clearing new forest for agriculture.
Rich and smooth with an earthy body, this coffee offers a robust flavour and strong, enticing aroma.
Dimensions: 250g 16x22.7x7cm
Write Your Own Review
Sign Up to our Weekly Newsletter Drumbeat