How your purchase is helping communities worldwide.
- Supporting more than 130 partners in 35 countries
- Delivering employment, income and social support to more than 50,000 people
- Assisting recovery in Nepal, India and Vanuatu after earthquakes, floods and cyclones
- Bringing $19.5 million worth of products to Australian shelves in the last five years
- Supplying 22,532 kilograms of Fair Trade coffee to the Australian market in the last 12 months
This beautifully woven sturdy seagrass basket has leather handles making it multifunctional. From the skilled artisans of MAI in Vietnam.
Made from: Seagrass and leather
Please note: Dry cloth only
Mai Vietnamese Handicrafts
Mai Vietnamese Handicrafts was founded in 1991 by a small group of social workers in the efforts to help poor and neglected children who could not afford to attend school in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. Mai provided work for the youths and encouraged them to attend the informal literacy classes which the organisation offered. Nowadays, school is free to all Vietnamese children, so Mai now provides work for the mothers and older sisters of these children, boosting the family income, independence and overall well-being.
Write Your Own Review
Sign up to our Weekly Newsletter
Drumbeat is Oxfam Shop's eNewsletter featuring weekly updates, special offers and more