How your purchase is helping communities worldwide.
- Supporting more than 130 partners in 35 countries
- Delivering employment, income and social support to more than 50,000 people
- Assisting recovery in Nepal, India and Vanuatu after earthquakes, floods and cyclones
- Bringing $19.5 million worth of products to Australian shelves in the last five years
- Supplying 22,532 kilograms of Fair Trade coffee to the Australian market in the last 12 months
Lively, well balanced coffee with bright acidity, dark chocolaty, nutty flavour and a slightly fruity finish. It holds well under all brewing methods. The coffee beans are grown in the Eastern Highlands Province of Papua New Guinea where plentiful rain and rich volcanic soils provide ideal growing conditions for coffee. Produced by Highlands Organic Agriculture Co-operative Ltd (HOAC). Certified fairtrade since 2005, this group has approx. 2,600 members. Coffee is the number one cash crop in the highlands of PNG, with over 2 million people (40% of the country's total population) depending both directly and indirectly on money earned from coffee.
The introduction of Fairtrade coffee to the area has been received with enthusiasm by growers. Revenue from the Fairtrade Premium has been invested to improve the working and living conditions of farmers and their families and invested in the diversification of local income earning.
Dimensions: 250g W11xH17.50xD6cm
Write Your Own Review
Sign up to our Weekly Newsletter
Drumbeat is Oxfam Shop's eNewsletter featuring weekly updates, special offers and more