How your purchase is helping communities worldwide.
- Supporting more than 130 partners in 35 countries
- Delivering employment, income and social support to more than 50,000 people
- Assisting recovery in Nepal, India and Vanuatu after earthquakes, floods and cyclones
- Bringing $19.5 million worth of products to Australian shelves in the last five years
- Supplying 22,532 kilograms of Fair Trade coffee to the Australian market in the last 12 months
Blue Ware Pottery, or quartz pottery, is a special technique that came to Delhi in India from Persia and Afghanistan. The base for this distinct pottery is quartz and not clay. All the materials that are used in the production, such as quartz, raw glaze, sodium sulphate, and Fuller's earth or multani mitti, require the same low firing temperature, and the pottery needs to be fired only once. However, low temperature firing also makes the pottery fragile and porous. The delicate decoration, often depicting flowers and geometric patterns, is painted with a brush made of squirrel hair.
This cute pair of salt & pepper shakers will bring a smile to your face. Made in Jaipur from Blue Ware Pottery, these items come with a long tradition.
Made from: JaipurBlue ware Quartz Ceramics
Please note: Wipe with damp cloth
Salt and Pepper Shakers Jolly Ducks
Regular Price: $19.95
Special Price $10.00
Asha has been keeping traditional Indian arts and crafts alive and well since 1975. Asha empowers hundreds of skilled artisans to earn a sustainable living through fair trade practices. Meera is one of the many artisans who partner with Asha. Watch the video to meet Meera and see how each product is handmade with love.
Write Your Own Review
Sign up to our Weekly Newsletter
Drumbeat is Oxfam Shop's eNewsletter featuring weekly updates, special offers and more