How your purchase is helping communities worldwide.
- Supporting more than 130 partners in 35 countries
- Delivering employment, income and social support to more than 50,000 people
- Assisting recovery in Nepal, India and Vanuatu after earthquakes, floods and cyclones
- Bringing $19.5 million worth of products to Australian shelves in the last five years
- Supplying 22,532 kilograms of Fair Trade coffee to the Australian market in the last 12 months
Sheesham wood is part of the rosewood family, and known under many enchanting names such as Shishan, Sissoo or Sisu ( bot. Dalbergia sissoo). This beautiful shade tree is grown throughout the sub-Himalayan region, from the Indus to Assam. For centuries the specialized skills of carving, brass and MOP inlaying, assembling, sanding and polishing have been passed down within families. Carving, especially the intricate jali work (small scale perforated lattice work) requires the most skill; one traditional floral pattern might require six or more chisels and punches.
The modern style of this superbly finished sheesham wood tray will become a favourite in any discerning household.
Made from: Shesham Wood
Please note: Wipe with damp coth
Write Your Own Review
Sign up to our Weekly Newsletter
Drumbeat is Oxfam Shop's eNewsletter featuring weekly updates, special offers and more