Volunteer with us
Photo: Lara McKinley/OxfamAUS
Volunteers form the backbone of our organisation. Thanks to the effort, passion and dedication of more than 4,000 volunteers, more than 91,000 working hours were contributed last year. You can volunteer in a range of different areas including supporting our retail stores, assisting in our warehouse, editing, events, photography, and finance… just to name a few!
• You’ll be doing something you’re passionate about.
• You could learn new skills, or add to the ones you already have
• You could meet like-minded people, from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
• You’ll have the opportunity to learn, network and find mentors in the not-for-profit industry.
• You’re working towards a just world without poverty.
But don’t just listen to us. Find out first-hand from Oxfam volunteers.
How you can volunteer?
• At your local Oxfam Shop: Volunteering with Oxfam Shop is a great way to gain retail skills and learn more about Fair Trade and the hundreds of artisans and farmers Oxfam partners with around the world.
• In our warehouse: Volunteering in our warehouse is a great way to see our products before they hit the shelves for customers. Support our warehouse team with picking and packing and inventory management.
• In the office: Volunteering in the office gets you up close and personal with Oxfam’s work. You could be supporting our marketing, finance or buying teams develop new campaigns.
Who can volunteer?
Anyone 18 years or older can register to volunteer. Special consideration may be made for volunteers aged between 16-18 years. Please contact us.
Working with volunteers
Equal employment opportunity and diversity
We are committed to ensuring individuals are treated consistently and equitably irrespective of their gender, ethnicity, political, religious or philosophical allegiance, physical ability, family status, age or sexual orientation. Operating within a diverse national and international community, we are committed to developing policies, practices and ways of working that support diversity.
Child safe employer
We are committed to protecting the rights of all children to live safely, without fear of abuse or exploitation – for more information please read our Child Protection Code of Conduct and Code of Conduct documents.
Read more about how Oxfam supports our volunteers.