How your purchase is helping communities worldwide.
- Supporting more than 130 partners in 35 countries
- Delivering employment, income and social support to more than 50,000 people
- Assisting recovery in Nepal, India and Vanuatu after earthquakes, floods and cyclones
- Bringing $19.5 million worth of products to Australian shelves in the last five years
- Supplying 22,532 kilograms of Fair Trade coffee to the Australian market in the last 12 months
This stylish clutch has been made by Wakami using Mayan textiles from Guatemala, to create a traditional expression of identity.
Dimensions: 9.5*6 inch
Made from: Waxed synthetic thread, Glass beads, Metal beads, Metal clasps & Leather.
Wakami Circle of Life Clutch$49.00
Wakami is a brand developed by Kiej de los Bosques, a social enterprise that markets products from rural communities in Guatemala. Kiej is a company that aims to create ‘inclusive businesses’- i.e. ones that help recover ecosystems, value ancestral cultures and incorporate new people into supply chains. A rural business incubator, Kiej has worked with 50 rural groups in Guatemala, (1300 people, mostly women), where most have become part of a new supply chain or market, at both national and international levels.
Wakami in Guatemala - Video
Wakami is a Mayan word which means “it already is”. Wakami incorporates the idea that this world is already ideal, we just have to find a way to connect to make it come to life. One of the aims of the Wakami artisans is to connect the world with the Guatemala experience - linking people through products that enrich the lives of those who buy them while improving the lives of those who produce them.
The products are made by rural Guatemalan women who all share a common dream: to have sources of income to improve the livelihoods of their families and communities.
To find out more about Wakami visit their website.
Write Your Own Review