How your purchase is helping communities worldwide.
- Supporting more than 130 partners in 35 countries
- Delivering employment, income and social support to more than 50,000 people
- Assisting recovery in Nepal, India and Vanuatu after earthquakes, floods and cyclones
- Bringing $19.5 million worth of products to Australian shelves in the last five years
- Supplying 22,532 kilograms of Fair Trade coffee to the Australian market in the last 12 months
Outlined with hand-sewn silver threads, sequins and beadwork back and front, these exquisite hanging decorations will sparkle on your tree.
TARA Projects is one of the pioneering fair trade organisations in India in the field of fair wages, non-formal education programs for children and women, health and environmental awareness, and further development for its members. They work with approximately 1,000 artisans across India.
Made from: Satin fabric, beads, sequins
Formed in 1973, TARA Projects (Trade Alternative Reform Action) was created to empower disadvantaged artisans in Delhi and work towards eradicating unfair trade practices and child labor. Focusing on community development and marketing handicrafts, TARA works with 25 community-based groups of artisans from all regions of North India. Providing local artisans with access to the world market whilst maintaining fair trade standards, TARA represents the possibility of a brighter future.
Write Your Own Review
Sign up to our Weekly Newsletter
Drumbeat is Oxfam Shop's eNewsletter featuring weekly updates, special offers and more